A lot of places can be visited from the Quinta:
- Caldas da Rainha (15 min.): visit the city, musea, ceramics center, ceramics factory, city park with large playground and small pond where you can hire a rowingboat, shoppingcenter, supermarkets, daily fruitmarket, visist a beekeeper, visit a cheese factory, a biological wine quinta, a candle factory, try indoor karting, bowling, Mcdonalds.
- Obidos (20 min.): visit the medieval city, castle, walking, food/drinks, shops, festivals.
- Foz de Arelho/Lagoa de Obidos (20 min.): calm lagoon, beach, watersports, food/drinks, boulevard.
- Peniche (30 min.): visi the city, food/drinks, beach, surfers paradise, trip by boat to the Berlengas Islands.
- Sao Martinho do Porto (30 min.): calm sea, beach, boulevard, food/drinks, walking, hire a bycicle, shops.
- Alcobaca (35 min.): tour at the Monastery, food/drinks, Adventurepark Parque dos monges (nice for Children), national wine museum, shop with local products.
- Bombarral: Buddha Eden big garden in oriental style, wine quinta Sanguinhal, wine quinta Quinta do Gradil, food/drinks.
- Batalha (40 min.): Cathedral, Aljubarotta interpretation of battle 'batalha'.
- Fatima (45 min.): pilgrimage, to be combined with visiting caves or dinosaur tracks.
- Coimbra (1 uur en 20 min.): visit the city, shops, food/drinks, university library, 16 km under Coimbra: Conimbraga, an impressive Roman excavation where they are still digging. And much more places: Sintra, Mafra, Nazare, Tomar, Pombal, Porto de Mos...
There are 7 golfcourses within an hours drive, one of them is Praia d'el Rey, one of the most beautiful in Europa. You can o hiking / walking in the national park Serra d'Aire e Candeeiros. We can organize a wine tasting and tour of a wine quinta, a trip to the Berlengas Islands, a thalasso spa (with discount) or Zhineng QiGong training? Chinese healing art with calm movements just like Tai Chi, just to find your balance... You can also ride horses, mountainbiking or birdwatching from your loungechair at the pool. Everything is possible!